We no like Ike...

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Reka

We no like Ike...

Post by Reka »

Well, unless something major happens between now and Friday night, the current weather computer models are putting Austin, Texas and vicinity right in the path of this hurricane when it comes ashore...talk of 40-60 mph sustained winds and torrential rains, potential power outages, etc, etc...

I'll be at the grocery store Thursday night, hoping some of the essentials will still be available...our neighborhood is notorious for power outages, so I want to be ready in case we can't get power back for a few days. For once I'm glad there are not very many mature trees in this area.

See you all next Tuesday...

Hatushara

Re: We no like Ike...

Post by Hatushara »

Unfortunetly... we are in the same boat, a peice of ike is said to hit were i live atleast by monday...
ImageImageImage

Reka

Post by Reka »

Hatushara wrote:Unfortunetly... we are in the same boat, a peice of ike is said to hit were i live atleast by monday...
Well, unless you moved from where I think you are (San Angelo?), I think you'll be okay. Ike will be practically in Canada by Monday. Austin escaped all but some very gusty winds today, the rain was so sparse it barely hit the ground. Ike came onshore, the outer bands came to within 45 miles of where I live, then it immediately made a right turn heading due north, then north-east.

I'm in Round Rock, center of the map...

So all is well on my home front...except they jacked gas prices nearly 20 cents/gal around here... :evil:

Hatushara

Post by Hatushara »

Gas went up 17 C. here this morning alone...
and the offskirts are whats planned to hit us, althoe now the northern winds are pushing on us so its looking as if it wont... :D
ImageImageImage