The Galka jokes need to stop.

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Dynas

The Galka jokes need to stop.

Post by Dynas »

I'm posting this on here as a formal complaint of sorts. It's not that I'm trying to be rude or uptight, but the repeated badgering of myself and other people because of their race choice needs to end now.

Now, I get it. A few jokes in jest, haha whatever. But people keep on with their repeated assaults of name-calling is not funny and is offensive. And it's not just Galka, certain other members have told me it's Tarus as well. So I'm asking nicely, please stop.
Last edited by Dynas on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verence

Re: The Galka jokes need to stop.

Post by Verence »

That's fine, consider it done. However, let me point out that accusing us of churlishness when we had no clue anyone was actually bothered by the affair isn't the best way to go about things either. I'm sure plenty of us like to think of ourselves as reasonable and accommodating, but we're not mind readers. We can't act on what we're not told. Now that we've been informed, we can respond appropriately, so thank you for voicing your concerns.

Dynas

Post by Dynas »

let me point out that accusing us of churlishness when we had no clue anyone was actually bothered by the affair isn't the best way to go about things either
Fair enough, OP was edited to reflect this. And honestly, it's only certain people that do this repeatedly and won't stop after being asked to. And like I said, it's not like I can take a joke it's just after 4 years of this in many linkshells I feel this needs to be brought up.

Deathbeckons

Post by Deathbeckons »

its been this way since the dawn of vanadiel, though >.>

Strange

Post by Strange »

Ok, I didn't think any of that is taken seriously. It's not to insult the actual people behind the screen, its the goofy on-screen characters. You think anyone gives two-shits when Elvaan are called Dhalmels? Well that's beside the point, because our massive STR and penii usually tends to drown out any insults.

It's just shits and giggles man, nothing personal to you (the human being).

Gman III

Post by Gman III »

Damn fatass Galkas...

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

This is all a sort of LS in-joke, just like when we call each other out when we "feiru." The Taru hate the Galka. The Hume hate the Taru. And, uh, Sah hates everybody non-Hume, etc etc :lol: If it really bothers you, I don't mind toning it down. But just wanted to provide context since you are a new member :)

Antu

Post by Antu »

I don't hate the taru i just wish they would file a flight plan so i don't accidentally run em over when I'm on a choco

Lenus

Post by Lenus »

Serious? Like, foreals?

Toren

Post by Toren »

Galkas belong in the bastok mines. Elfs are lanky malformed frankenstiens. Mithra use there own tongue to shower.. nuff said. Tarus belong in the wizard of oz. These Jokes have been going on since the start of the game and will most likely continue until they finally shut off the servers. None of it should be taken seriously as all these "races" are flippin pixels and polygons.
I'm going to let the liquor do the thinking.