THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
eowynn

Re: THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (All info updated in first post)

Post by eowynn »

the link doesnt work for me ; ;

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

sorry my bad ><< its not the full link..go here and click on the link

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/13016-li ... key-legit/

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

also, just fyi. I love this game so far and i havnt done anything yet lol. Also i want to say FUCK YES SQUARE ENIX! Finally their not so racist against NA's lol. They allow us to type in Japanese without special software! Can type in Japanese in normal NA client haha.

eowynn

Post by eowynn »

ok i am in as Eowynn Elbereth see you later today!! I started in Ul'dah.

Stormdancer

Post by Stormdancer »

Is the BS about a weekly xp cap true?

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

i don't believe its a weekly exp cap, but its a weekly guildaleave cap. I THINK that even if you use all 8 of your guildleaves (and i belive you get 8 for each job, so if you max out 1 job's 8 you can work on others still), but i belive even if you use all your leaves you can still join other peoples leaves. I think they did it to minimize solo play and try and get those that have the time to do so (such as thoes that can power through 8 leaves on every job in a week) to play in groups and promote the social, group aspect of the game.

I could be wrong, but i believe that's whats going on. somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

eowynn

Post by eowynn »

There is a fatigue system in place, and yes once you hit the point were you are no longer earning skill points on a particular job it may take as much as a week to get to where you can earn 100% of your skill points again.

One thing to remember is as soon as you change to a different class (gathering "DoL", crafting "DoH", melee or magic "DoW DoM") the fatigue only applies the previous class. So if it takes me a few days to hit cap on gladiator as soon as i switch to blacksmith I will then start the fatigue system for that job.

What we of course don't know is how long it will take to hit the threshold when you should change jobs. If you spread out of multiple jobs and crafts you may never encounter fatigue. It appears they want us to diversify, and since each class can use the skills of other classes it makes sense to level multiple classes from the start.

As far as guildleves go they are on a hard timer, every 48 hours they reset. In Beta 3 it would take almost 2 days for me to complete all the guildleves because we would do them in parties to maximize skill gain and gils, and the local guildleves for crafting took a while. There are 8 local and 8 regional currently.

Hopefully this sheds some light.

Phane

Post by Phane »

I've got my beta key but didn't have time this morning to start up the client and make a character. When I do I'll be Phane Takek and I'll try to join you guys on Mysidia.

Immortal

Post by Immortal »

btw... i'm on Mysidia ^ ^
ih-mawr-tl

eowynn

Post by eowynn »

Ok small update. I am currently in Gridania and the name is Eowynn Eldereth

I created a LS called Anduril they are free so can always change to whatever. If you around Gridania gimme a tell. Will be trying to travel to the other cities soon lol