THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Phane

Re: THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (All info updated in first post)

Post by Phane »

God, SE is unbearable sometimes. Another update this morning, sat for 20 minutes and it had gotten 3% done, so I go and download it via Azureus again. Then I go to their Beta Site to file a bug report and it won't let me do that. Everytime I log in it says Hello, (insert random, always different name here) and clicking on one of the bug report forms says "This page cannot be accessed with this account". Even their bug report website is so buggy it's unusable.

eowynn

Post by eowynn »

pretty sure u had to be in alpha to file bug reports
I was in beta 2 and 3 and could not submit them, had to ask someone in alpha or beta1 to submit them.

Phane

Post by Phane »

eowynn wrote:pretty sure u had to be in alpha to file bug reports
I was in beta 2 and 3 and could not submit them, had to ask someone in alpha or beta1 to submit them.
What's the point of a Beta test if the testers can't submit bugs? I've noticed half a dozen already...

eowynn

Post by eowynn »

you can submit it on the feedback area of the beta site but bug reports are limited, and yes its kinda dumb

eowynn

Post by eowynn »

phane whats ur name in game ?

Phane

Post by Phane »

Phane Takek. I went into the forest starting town (forgot the name) but can't even figure out combat yet...

eowynn

Post by eowynn »

i dont see you as online ><

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

Just to piggyback onto what Ennei said in his edit post at the beginning, there are currently NO plans to move Anduril "the endgame LS" over to FFXIV. Instead, what I envisioned was creating some sort of Anduril "social linkshell" or "company" (or whatever the equivalent is) so that we can all easily talk to each other in open beta and after launch day. Nothing formal of course. Friends-of-Anduril can be invited (no applications or whatever). Just a glorified "chat channel" so that our friends from Lakshmi can collect, say "yo," explore the game, etc. If nobody has done this yet for open beta, I can try to do it on launch day, although obviously I'd prefer if Bracent or Ennei or Circan did it. I am not sure when Bracent intends to play. I don't think Sah or Kiera are going to play, although I will let them chime in if I am mistaken 8-)

In the (farflung?) future, once FFXIV even HAS an "endgame" to speak of, we can revisit the topic of whether people want an Anduril "endgame LS."

eowynn

Post by eowynn »

I made an ls already and will glady give at pearls so we can do just as u suggest, purely social. I also can help if anyone has questions to get familiar with the game. Anyway let me know currently i am in Gridania but i can travel fairly easily to all cities, no crazy runs to jueno!! lol

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

I dont mind making it since its just a social, then when endgame comes out we can decide as a social shell what we want to do and who wants to spearhead it. Il be home a lot since i work from home so i can be on pretty much all day everyday for a while to pass out invites.

(i'm talking about official release, everyone join eow's social for beta, or if eow wants to make live release shell also i have no issues with that lol)