THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Phane

Re: THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (All info updated in first post)

Post by Phane »

I'm frustrated to no end with the lack of information or instructions on this. How in the heck do I attack?

I engage the enemy, and light slash works once, maybe two or three times, but then my character just stands there with a full stamina bar and does nothing. Hitting Circle says "You cannot perform that action" or something, hitting triangle (which I think I set to queue commands, since it's not used in the diagram) says something like "You were unable to use Light Slash on the (insert target)" or "Regiment failed" and hitting Square says something like that. So I stand there mashing buttons and all I can seem to do is turn my stamina bar back and forth between green and orange.

And yes, I have my cursor on Light Slash (the only ability available at all).

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

i'm hoping this isnt a compleat release product but a special beta build because there are alot of things i hope aren't final. I mean of course its a beta build but i hope they left alot of optimization out because i dont really like alot of the UI features, and it feels very sluggish and its hard to target. I actually think they did some of the UI elements better in XI then XVI.

Phane

Post by Phane »

I added everyone to my friend list but Eowynn. Any attempt to add her fails.

Circan

Post by Circan »

Mahoro wrote:...although obviously I'd prefer if Bracent or Ennei or Circan did it....."
Obviously, I currently intend to play FFXIV and think that I will enjoy it immensely. However, the current status of the beta gives me serious pause. I know that I will not pay for a game when it isn't playable. So, if I won't commit to playing the game, I also won't commit to running a guild.

Also unlikely I'll be on the same server - some real life friends are already on another.
FFXI fanatic.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

NOOOOO CIRC :(. YOu have to play with us :(

and were is bracent. i know he wanted to play. He ditching out on the beta and just chiming in once live?

jotarou

Post by jotarou »

Hey everyone, this is Dios for anyone who remembers me, I was a tarutaru with a topknot, i quit back in sept. 06'

I was on allahkazam or ZAM as it is now and put up a post of some people i used to play with back then, and i found a link to this anduril thread. Dunno how many of you know/knew me but I am also gonna be on the mysidia server whenever I get a key ;/

This is a list of people i remember from back then, if anyone has some contact info on them id really appreciate it, especially xuthus.

XUTHUS
Heals (and rest of cassie crew ._.)
Noru, Sirdan, Brusa
kimusa
profile (and other pride of promathia members)
Xaiyara
likwid
doomed
hikotaka
karon
viperx
amadaus or amadeus... he was a elf ninja OG we did a ks99 behe for his goodbye 'event'
phelx
leonlin
leosin
orochinagi
bastila
nictius
fouryu
falofalot
Nya
Bigtex
bracent
gelly
giggi
marcicus

jst zone: rond/robert/irui

thanks, look forward to playing with you guys.. and im no longer an asshole for people that DID know me from 02-06 lol :P

eowynn

Post by eowynn »

enne my full name is Eowynn Eldereth, I noticed it still says Elbereth. Its my fault for changing it at the last minute lol. Sorry for the confusion

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

haha np, i was wondering why i wouldn't add you lol.

side note, i'm out of town for 5 days. Not sure how long the beta lasts but might not see you guys till live release now :(. Unless its still going on then il be back soon haha.

Phane

Post by Phane »

Enneisevoli wrote:side note, i'm out of town for 5 days. Not sure how long the beta lasts but might not see you guys till live release now :(. Unless its still going on then il be back soon haha.
Given the nature of ffxiv, I'd imagine the beta will run right up to within days of release. They don't have to conform to a release to manufacturing deadline because the game is online only and they can ensure that you download the latest patches before ever playing the game. They may have already RTM'd the beta version for all I know and are counting on everyone downloading a hefty patch on launch.

jotarou

Post by jotarou »

Well i couldnt make an account on mysidia, filled up and my char was moved to palamecia T_T