THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Phane

Re: THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (All info updated in first post)

Post by Phane »

jotarou wrote:Well i couldnt make an account on mysidia, filled up and my char was moved to palamecia T_T
I sincerely hope they don't pull that s&!@ after release.

Jakal

Post by Jakal »

Hey All!! I'm glad alot of all friends and members of Anduril oldskool are planning on playing FFXIV. I have forgone trying the Beta release as I am awaiting for my copy of the Sept 22nd release. Already paid for my copy through Gamestop. Can hardly wait!! Hopfully I can get in on the Server everyone is on. See you guys soon!!! Of course my Char. Name will be Jakal. Haven't decided on last name yet... 8-)
AWWWWWWW Hell YAHHHH!! Whoop WHoooooop WHOOOOO!!!

Ashido

Post by Ashido »

Vinegaroon should be your last name lawl.

i however most likelyw ill not be joining anduril in xiv. got a bunch of old friends im beta testing with , i will say mesa likey archer ;o

Circan

Post by Circan »

Russian website with all the game maps from the beta (at least every area that I've been in, and a few more). Not filled with wonderful content, but still a nice note-taking platform.

http://ffxiv.ru/?tag=maps
FFXI fanatic.

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

As I understand it, the server you choose during open beta has nothing to do with the server you end up on at launch. So if Circ and his RL friends want to join us on whatever server we all designate at launch, the time to do that hasn't even begun. Any friends of LS members are friends of Anduril. No reason really for everyone not to end up together unless at launch ppl get locked out, or ppl are heavily invested in their particular choice of beta server at the moment.

Tobokuu

Post by Tobokuu »

Hullo people, Tobokuu here dunno if anyone remembers me but i used to play as Tobokuu\Tobo . Anyways i've joined up with Eowynn on mysidia. See you in game! Tobokuu Boku is the name.

Juanmiguel

Post by Juanmiguel »

Mysidia is no longer available, which other world are you guys going to?

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

So now that the initial furor died down a bit, I decided to try the open beta. Applied and got accepted right away, downloaded their installer and all, and now I am looking at a 26 hour download of the big H2010.08.30 file. I have never used torrents and the like before, and frankly I'm a little afraid to do so. Also, I use a wireless router from Time Warner Cable and I don't even think I can access the setup page Circan spoke about to change port forwarding. The thing is a tiny router the cable guy came with and I wouldn't even know how to change settings from my laptop.

Do you guys think that we will have to download all these patches again come launch day if we do it now? I really hope these is some way the program can recognize that the customer has DL'd patch data, even though it was for a beta client. I'm perfectly fine with waiting the 24 hours or so using their official client if it meant I would save time on launch day.

Phane

Post by Phane »

I highly doubt you'll have to download the 4.7 gb patch on release. That is likely all of the data files that'll come on the DVD when you buy the game. There will probably be a few patches weighing in at 10 mb or so, though.

You probably will need to set up port forwarding on your router eventually, though, because all FFXIV patches in the future (and if FFXI was any indication, some will be pretty huge) will be downloaded via bitorrent.

Edit: my parents have Time Warner in Orange County California and if I remember correctly there was no way to port forward on their Internet because the IP they give your modem is itself an inside IP behind another NAT router. You can try calling them and asking, as you'll have a legitimate reason to need the ports forwarded that should fit under acceptable use. My dad was trying to run a web server off of it, though, which wasn't legit so we didn't try.

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

But didn't the game "go gold" weeks ago? The DVD's are not going to have all these new patches since they are probably sitting in warehouses at the moment and these patches were literally just released. I foresee us having to DL all these patches all over again on 9/22, but I could be wrong.