THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Phane

Re: THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (All info updated in first post)

Post by Phane »

Mahoro wrote:But didn't the game "go gold" weeks ago? The DVD's are not going to have all these new patches since they are probably sitting in warehouses at the moment and these patches were literally just released. I foresee us having to DL all these patches all over again on 9/22, but I could be wrong.
The beta didn't have a DVD with all the data files on it. You got a 117 mb installer and need to get those datafiles from somewhere. For the beta, that was one huge patch. The release version will have those files on the DVD. The only patches will be the files that need to be updated since then.

That means that every update EXCEPT the huge 4.7 gb patch will need to be redownloaded. Thus far, each of those patches have been between 5-10 mb in size.

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

Ok never mind, I think you're right. The patch from 8/30 had all the new cities and new graphics, etc. Even though they only released it last week for beta download, it would HAVE to be included on the retail DVD.

Just gonna wait for retail then.

Tobokuu

Post by Tobokuu »

Keep Trying Mysidia Juan! i don't think it's off as my friend had just joined it this morning

Juanmiguel

Post by Juanmiguel »

Thanks Toboku. I just made a new character in Mysidia, same name... Juan Miguel, hope to see you there.

Tijet

Post by Tijet »

What is the server that everyone will be playing on when the retail version launches? Mysidia?

Andrecito

Post by Andrecito »

My beta character on Mysidia is "Ender Wiggins". Props to those that know the reference. :)

Phane

Post by Phane »

Andrecito wrote:My beta character on Mysidia is "Ender Wiggins". Props to those that know the reference. :)
Jeesh.

eowynn

Post by eowynn »

Well I am planning to stay on Mysidia. Hopefully this is a good server for everyone to join up on. I did preorder the CE and have off for a week after the 22nd :D

So I will be on alot, hope to see you all soon!!

Phane

Post by Phane »

I pre-ordered the SE, but I did it from Amazon, so I probably won't be on until later in the day (packages typically arrive late here). I've got the next day off, so I could be on for a while, but I don't plan on grinding quite as much into FFXIV as I did XI. Thankfully, I think that I'll still be able to keep up with the way they've laid things out this time.

Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden »

Hey guys, Stormwarden here for those who remember me :) I popped into FFXI a couple months ago to see how everyone was, but I think I see more names on this thread that I recognize than I did names in the LS... I was Saros Stormwarden when I got a pearl to the LS Eowynn is in, but changed today to a character named Trinsian Saris which I think is what I'll be using for release. Will probably be staying on Mysidia unless something different is posted here!