THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Tobokuu

Re: THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

Post by Tobokuu »

I guess i'll stay on Mysidia as well :) Must find Hypnotik Juan and get them to transfer to mysidia!.

Tijet

Post by Tijet »

People on Alla are saying that Mysidia is the "Unofficial JP Server." I have no beef with playing with most JP players, but I think I might pass for another server. I am NOT going to deal with "JP Only" all over again.

Phane

Post by Phane »

I'm not opposed to changing, however this late, I can foresee a few people missing the 'Change the Server' train if we do. Additionally, Mysidia in the beta was one of the most (if not the most) crowded servers. Not sure if that's truly a help or a hindrance in this game.

Tijet

Post by Tijet »

When I was playing in open beta, I started on Lindblum. It was so crowded that my little circle of friends decided to jump to Fabul.

Phane

Post by Phane »

Mysida was crowded. I've found numerous threads saying that the JP are supposedly gathering on Mysidia and Figaro as well as possibly Cornelia and Selbina. I doubt that these will be devoid of NAs or that other servers will be devoid of JPs but it might be a scale tipping situation.

I've also heard that Besaid is the unofficial RP server, so we may want to avoid that one. Cornelia and Lindblum may be the unofficial EU servers. Istory Taiwanese, Figaro Hong Kong, and Besaid Spain/Mexico.

Sources here and here

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

You guys might consider starting up on Kashuan. That is where many of the NA are going because that is where Blugartrls set up shop. For those who don't know, BG is one of the most famous NA FFXI LS's, and their forums remain the most popular source of information on the game. I imagine that on Kashuan, for better or for worse, you will always have people on during your time zone to do stuff with. Alternatively, if you want a completely empty server to "do your own thing" on, pick a newer one like Fabul.

Eow/Enne, are you guys married to the choice of Mysidia or would you consider Kashuan/Fabul?

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

Never mind, I looked again and it seems Kashuan was just the beta server. The BG NA's will be going elsewhere at retail launch.

Ultimately, what I will probably do is create a few dupes of my character on multiple servers in order to "reserve a place" and keep up with where you all go tomorrow. I don't know how much time I will have for FFXIV at the outset as I don't plan to reduce my FFXI time at all, but I definitely don't want to get "locked out" of a server for future play.

eowynn

Post by eowynn »

I chose Mysidia because I am part of a large LS that formed during the Beta phases. There are some very good players and nice people in the shell. Phane, tobokuu, and enni all had pearls to it. The shell is not full and if there are some people here that want to be apart go to http://www.moogleinc.com

I honestly think trying to pick servers now is a crap shoot. So that is why staying on Mysidia seems just fine.

If you all decide on a different server please let me know.

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

Ok, your recommendation is good enough for me. I'm going to create a character on Mysidia to reserve a place there so I don't get locked out after tomorrow. I may create a dupe or two elsewhere.

Immortal

Post by Immortal »

@Toby: I let Hypno and others know we're going to Mysidia already... not sure the exact count but 3+ more joining Mysidia
ih-mawr-tl