THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Phane

Re: THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

Post by Phane »

Who wants to bet on what time tomorrow SE starts telling people they are either suffering from "unforeseeable server congestion"?

My bet is around 10am PDT.

I don't even want to bet on how many tech support calls people are going to get with their Torrent updater.

Tobokuu

Post by Tobokuu »

Nice Job Immortal! See you on Mysidia. Hopefully my damn game arrives tomorrow.

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

Haven't received my game yet, but Eow and others, I think we should choose a new server. Mysidia, Gysahl, Selbina, and Figaro have apparently been flocked to by the JP and locked already:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl ... 8ddb95fe0b

Phane

Post by Phane »

Fabul seemed to be the leading contestant for an alternative, unless you know where BG ended up going. My copy is supposed to show up by 4pm ET today.

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

I will create a character on Palamecia, as I have it on good authority that is where a large number of NA'ers are going now, including the BG forum community. I'll keep checking these posts to see where Eow and Enne go, and perhaps create dupes elsewhere, but if they see this and haven't yet decided on a replacement for Mysidia, I highly suggest Palamecia.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

I will probably go to mysidia because JP community doesn't bother me. I'm learning Japanese slowly since I met my GF in japan and she's Japanese, so i'm hoping to practice my Japanese as i get better with the community. Also the linkshell i hope to join is on mysidia. Eow I'm almost positive is definitely going to mysidia because the same shell that she is an officer in is on that server.

BG's server sounds enticing but I'm not even sure if I'm going to be playing enough to warrant applying to such a linkshell and that's the only reason i would want to be on their server so, seems like I'm sticking with mysidia for now :).

Phane

Post by Phane »

I think what Mahoro was saying is that you might not even be ABLE to get into Mysidia (it's locked). Besides, if you want to hang with the rest of us (who don't speak JP) then it'd be punishing the rest of us being on a server without many NA's.

I just don't understand WHY SE even NEEDS to do the whole server thing with the Surnames now. The whole thing is ridiculously restrictive and unnecessary. Guild Wars had a really elegant solution to the capacity problem and I don't see why other companies aren't following suit with it.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

well the JP thing was just a reason for me not caring to be on a JP heavy server. The main reason was because the linkshell eow is officer in that i applied to and got into is on that server. But i was unaware that it was locked. But i'm sure it will open up again soon. HOpefully anyway. I guess i don't know what to do. I still have a few hours probably before my copy arrives. Il come back on and check and see what everyone else is doing.

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

Yes, I was saying that Mysidia is locked at the moment according to testimonials on the forums and the link I posted. I haven't personally tried to get onto it yet as I am still at work (my copy arrived at home though), but all I am saying is....in the event Eow's LS can't get onto Mysidia, at least reserve a spot on Palamecia before that one is locked too. You can always delete that character later.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

if mysidia is locked when my copy arrives il definitely be going to that server. I'm to impatient to wait for spots to open on the other server. Hopefully its not locked also by the time my copy arrives lol.