THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Phane

Re: THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

Post by Phane »

I just got my copy now. So I'm assuming that it might be at least an hour of updates before I can see for myself.

FYI, the box is friggin HUGE. It's about 50% bigger than the old-school PC game boxes they used to have 5 years ago. And it has a hard-cover book for note-taking.

Edit: ROFLMAO, just read the instruction manual (or flipped through it, I guess). It doesn't include ANY instructions at all on how to play the game other than what keys do what. They are, apparently, entirely depending on community support to teach players how to actually play.
Last edited by Phane on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

ever seen WoW's collectors editions? is it as big as that? lol

yeah keep us updated on servers :)

Phane

Post by Phane »

Enneisevoli wrote:ever seen WoW's collectors editions? is it as big as that? lol

yeah keep us updated on servers :)

Never saw WOW's collectors edition, but the Warcraft III Collector's edition was about twice as big. Still, that game with an art book and a handful of big things. This comes with a making of DVD (included within the DVD-case that has the game), a small notebook and a security token thingee (size of a USB thumb-drive). It really didn't need the huge box, most of it is just vacuformed cardboard and air.

Phane

Post by Phane »

If you guys want to get started downloading the patches (Client patch is about 434 megs) here are the .torrents.

FYI, the default torrent client still sucks:

FFXIV Download Time Remaining: 4 hrs 32 mins
Azureus Download Time Remaining: 8 mins
Attachments
D2010.09.19.0000.torrent
Client patch
(33.31 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
D2010.09.18.0000.torrent
Updater patch
(628 Bytes) Downloaded 253 times

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

I've never used those sites before. What do you do with the patch after you've downloaded it? That is always the step that confuses me ; ;

Phane

Post by Phane »

Doesn't look like it's gonna deny me access to Mysidia, but check it out:

17 servers and almost everyone is packed into 6 of them.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

basicly just look for the same exact path names in your FFXIV folders. i forget what they are and cant check, but the torrent will have the downloaded files in the same folder name and file name as the ones you need to replace it with. If that makes any sense lol.

so phane just to clarify, are you saying these are the only two things that need to be downloaded to start playing basically? So if you pre download them just need to get them installed and your g2g?

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

Just an fyi, if you havnt applied to the linkshell eow is in, try and apply asap because i think hey are filling up fast. Id like to see us all together if you got no other obligations :) She posted the website above, but here it is again

http://www.moogleinc.com/

I'm surprised the server that blue gart is suppose to be on isn't packed. I figured it would be pretty high up there.

Phane

Post by Phane »

Doesn't look like Moogle Inc is accepting apps anymore, but I don't know if they'll automatically give pearls to people from the beta. Anyway, I'm on Mysidia and it doesn't look like I'm surrounded by JP's... yet...

Edit: FYI IMPORTANT!!!

Be sure to register your Onion Helm before creating a character or you won't get it unless you delete and recreate them afterwards.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

ok mah, now that i got it installed, the path that you want to put the donloaded patches in, if you torrent them is

my documents >> My Games >> Final Fantasy XIV >> Downloads >> ffxiv >> patch folder name >> patch >> past patch file