THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Mahoro

Re: THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

Post by Mahoro »

I went home during lunch and installed. I got the patch through the Megaupload link going around the internetz and located the folder where it was supposed to go (I don't know know to torrent, I just looked for a direct link!). I'm in, and I managed to make it onto Mysidia as well. Looks like they reopened some slots on the server from earlier.

I am going to create a dupe on Palamecia just in case.

My character's name, by the way, is Rand Sullender. 8-)

Lenneth

Post by Lenneth »

Lenneth Rishi. Got on Mysidia server. Pleased to see that my super Japanese typing powers are retained for this release. ;D

We'll see how things go tonight.

- Lenn/Carol

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

Yay Lenn! I just looked for you but you were offline. I've got some RL plans to head to, but should be back on around 9PM EST.

For everyone else joining us, Mysidia DOES still appear to be open, but may get locked again so try to install/create your character fast.

Go to http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/12719-fu ... tructions/

This link helped me save 7-8 hours of patching. Basically you allow SE's updater to begin patching the big retail day patch, then you Cancel it midway and find the folders it created on your computer. Download the D2010.09.19.0000.patch via Torrent or direct download (i am a torrent newbie, so i used Megaupload link), and all you do is cut and paste the patch file into the following folder:

C:\Users\"Your Name"\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV\downloads\ffxiv\48eca647\patch\D2010.09.19.0000.patch

I am a literal IDIOT with computers but I got this to work just fine. Just go to that folder, delete the incomplete D2010.09.19 file that the SE patcher put there, and drag and drop the completed patch file from Megaupload. Then boot up the game again and it should install the patch. The whole process took me 25 minutes.

Starrlight

Post by Starrlight »

Hi there:)
so if i reading this right, your not going to start an anduril there? but going go with eowynn instead? last time i looked moogle linkshell eow belongs to has close applications to that linkshell but its possible they reopen it since i look there this morning. so if i cant get on Mysidia then Palamecia it is i guess. is palamecia only other NA server so far? just wondering in case that get full to. i keep seeing ppl saying they going avoid certain servers totally cause of 4chan and some other organization...are these groups rmt or something? will doing the patch thingie right now(both ways seeing which will win hehe)
Life is short so live it to its fullest and be safe.

DarkAurora

Post by DarkAurora »

I got on Mysidia, changed my name to Aurora Dragonslayer. Just has a nice ring to it, been watching Fairy Tail.

Trying to figure out how to get the FFXIII item, got the onion hat in my inventory but no other item. ; ;

Edit: found the link to the place for the code. One you log in to your account go here: http://member.square-enix.com/na/featur ... de/ps3.php

Phane

Post by Phane »

DarkAurora wrote:Edit: found the link to the place for the code. One you log in to your account go here: http://member.square-enix.com/na/featur ... de/ps3.php
That's a load of bull. I registered that code to my account right after I got FFXIII and I don't have any gauntlets.

Starrlight

Post by Starrlight »

you active the promotional code you received from registering your ffxiii(which was done on the se membership cite while back) the same exact same place you activated your onion helm. but i think you have to active it before your make your character, for it to be on it.

Phane

Post by Phane »

Starrlight wrote:you active the promotional code you received from registering your ffxiii(which was done on the se membership cite while back) the same exact same place you activated your onion helm. but i think you have to active it before your make your character, for it to be on it.
I tied the bonus item code that game with my FFXIII game to my SE account and it told me that I would have the item when I created a character with FFXIV. There was no other code to register. I had forgotten about it but that'll suck if SE cheats me out of it. The message said the registration was done so I tossed the code long ago.

Starrlight

Post by Starrlight »

strange...because when i register my ffxiii back then se gave me an FFXIV promotional code to use for said item when ffxiv did finally came out. i enter it at the add on thingie for ffxiv and its listed there now along with the onion helm i register also, for my account.

Phane

Post by Phane »

I registered it right after FF13 came out, so maybe they changed procedures at some point, but I'll dig through my documents.

Edit: The only code I have is 4 fields, registering it again says it's already been used. Never got a 5 field code. It doesn't show up in the list of games I've registered either.

New Edit: I found the code hidden in the page Darka posted. If I wasn't explicity looking for it, I wouldn't have known it was my code for the Guantlets, I thought it was a code to try and get into the Beta.