THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
eowynn

THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

Post by eowynn »

*******************************************************************EDIT**********************************************************
(official means official in that what we all decide. Its not an official anduril move to FFXIV, no plans yet are made to move the linkshell over to the new game, and probably never will be any such plans that i know of)

Mahoro Update 9/2/10: In the (farflung?) future, once FFXIV even HAS an "endgame" to speak of, we can revisit the topic of whether people want an Anduril "endgame LS." But as of now, there will be at most an Anduril "social chat LS."

Enneisevoli here guys. With permission from Eowynn I'm going to update this first post with all the "official" info that is accumulated throughout this entire thread. Feel free to read all the posts, there lots of fun stuff going on, but this will provide you with the essentials.

The Official Retail Meet up Server: Mysidia

Character Names:
OLD NAME = Retail Release NAME / SERVER

Immortal = Carpe Diem / Mysidia (not confirmed for retail)
DarkAurora = Aurora Dragonslayer / Mysidia
Eowynn = Eowynn Eldereth / Mysidia
Phane = Phane Takek / Mysidia
toboku/tobo = Tobokuu Boku / Mysidia (not confirmed for retail)
juan miguel = Juan Miguel / Mysidia (not confirmed for retail)
stormwardern = Trinsian Saris / Mysidia (not confirmed for retail)
mah = Rand Sullender / Mysidia

Guild To apply to for eventual endgame: Moogles Inc (if apps become closed, apply when you can) http://www.moogleinc.com/

ANDURIL SOCIAL GUILD: Ask any of the people below for a invite, no application, social only :)
-Eowynn Eldereth
-Phane Takek
-Aurora Dragonslayer
-Rand Sullender

Post your retail release character names if you want them to be listed so people can keep an eye out for you in game. Also if you choose another server other than the "official meet up" server, post that also so we can post where everyone is. But i hope everyone decides to gather on the same server :)
******************************************************************END EDIT******************************************************

Eowynn's origional post:
Currently I am on Ultimecea Server and planning on staying on it when this comes out sept 22nd.

I would love to reunite with some of you!!!!

Enneisevoli

Re: Anyone going to buy FF14???

Post by Enneisevoli »

already bought it! Diddnt get a beta invite though, I'm pissed :(. But my pre-order should arrive day of from amazon :)

everybody planning on playing should post here and lets make eowynn's server the official meeting spot!

Andrecito

Post by Andrecito »

I expect to have collector's edition from both Game Stop and Amazon ... although I still don't know the plans for the Beta testers' copies. Probably, have to buy it, but then you get a cert for a kewl item.

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

Ultimecia server sounds as good a server as any to start up an Anduril social shell, assuming we all get to pick our servers come launch (or if they do a World Pass thingy). I always liked Ultimecia as a villain.
imagesUlti.jpg
(7.85 KiB) Downloaded 2435 times

eowynn

Post by eowynn »

Awesome Mahoro, so I far I am really enjoying Beta 2. It will be interesting to see how Beta 3 will look.

What about my old FA friends??? Where are you peeps, it would be great to see you again :D

Phane

Post by Phane »

I pre-ordered off of Amazon as well and upgraded my PC for it. If Ultimecia is the place to be, I'll see about going there. Hopefully we won't all need world passes.

Bracent

Post by Bracent »

I preordered from amazon as well. Look forward to playing with you again soon Eow.

DarkAurora

Post by DarkAurora »

Yay, ppl! I ordered it also. You get to choose your server at the start from what I read in an interview.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

anybody have any idea of the best way to get my score into the mid 3000's or higher? Here is my setup. A list from cheapest to most expensive would be great if you have any suggestions lol. Obviously, Better processor, upgrade graphics cards, buy more ram are probably the list, but if you could give me some advise on best options for each of these that aren't ridiculously expensive it would be great. Looking to stay under 1000 if possible but don't feel restricted by that in your advise giving :P.

The image has all my info, but on top of that additional info is I'm running a 31 inch monitor, 4 gigs of ram and my graphics cards are actually 3 of the listed nvidia in sli. Thx for the help, iv never been a hardware guy :P lol.
Attachments
enneiBenchmark.jpg
My FF14 benchmark
(39.46 KiB) Downloaded 2179 times

DarkAurora

Post by DarkAurora »

You could try to overclock the video card and/or your CPU. My system is a q9450 w/ 2x 8800 GT SLI. originally I got a score of 3150 on low-res, but after overclocking my video cards to 702/2202 and CPU to 3.2 GHz and applying an SLI patch I was able to push 4353. The SLI patch I think helped the most since I think the benchmark isn't SLI compatible but overclocking did add around 500 point.