THE OFFICIAL FFXIV INFO: (Retail Updated First Post)

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Starrlight

Re: Anyone going to buy FF14???

Post by Starrlight »

hi there:)
I preordered mine already some time ago. I am guessing they will have linkshells there too like on ffxi, question who would we get an pearl from once we get there? going name my character Starrlight(my ffxi char.) Comeaux(my rl last name); hopefully that will take. so excited, looks like ffxiv going be great game.

eowynn

Re: Anyone going to buy FF14???

Post by eowynn »

yes they do have linkshells and a new feature called companies. No one is 100% sure how the companies will work though. But the linkshells will hold up to 128 members. As far as OB goes it appears that the server names are changing. So Ultimecia may be no more, we will find out tomorrow night 10pm est. I will post back here tomorrow after making my character and we can try to select the same server. I can also get a LS pearl but it will take a few days to figure out how travel will be from the start. anyways look forward to seeing you all!!

Mahoro

Re: Anyone going to buy FF14??? (Anduril Social LS Server: TBD)

Post by Mahoro »

Ok, keep us apprised on the server situation. I won't be playing open beta, so hopefully you or Bracent (or Circan who seems to have come back. Yo Circan!) can jump in and create an Anduril social shell. I assume though that your characters and LS will be expunged again right before launch, so whatever action taken here will just last for beta ya?

Stormdancer

Post by Stormdancer »

Got my copy preordered and got a beta email last night... but it looks like they postponed open beta?

Juanmiguel

Post by Juanmiguel »

Hi all this is Juanmiguel. I quit FFXI a while ago. I heard from Mahoro that some former fallen angels members were here and I can see they are. I've also pre ordered FFXIV, I also received an open beta email last night, probably most of you did too.

Although it says it's been postponed when I click on the link on that email. I hope to see most of you there.

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

Welcome to the boards Juan. Yes, several old FA members who ended up in Anduril will be trying FFXIV out, including others who haven't posted yet like Lenneth. Also, I know of several other veteran Lakshmi people who are planning on starting FFXIV, like Hypnotik, Immortal, Aceris, Charnock, etc.

I will be updating the title of this thread with news of the server we all agree to head to. Right now, still waiting for news.

eowynn

Post by eowynn »

Wow hi juan great to hear from you again!

Mah if we create a character in OB and stay on the same server on official release we will keep our character names only. If we choose a different server than have to re-enter names but with surnames now I can't imagine that its that big of a deal.

And yeah unfortunately OB is postponed to they work out several "critical bugs". Currently the beta site is down, the only thing you can do currently is sign in to your SE account and update your region.

Also the way the web site describes it the OB client will be available for download till 10pm est tonight, so if you havent try to download it today, its about 1.3 gigs.

Phane

Post by Phane »

eowynn wrote:Also the way the web site describes it the OB client will be available for download till 10pm est tonight, so if you havent try to download it today, its about 1.3 gigs.
I'm trying to, but it appears SE hasn't improved their patch/update system significantly from the worst days of FFXI. I downloaded the ~117 Meg installer and run that, it installs, then when I run it it says it needs to download version update files and is crawling at around 5.7 Kbps and occasionally timing out with errors. So I'm not sure where the 1.3 Gig download is going to be down the line but there's no way I'm gonna get it by 10pm EDT at this rate... not even 10% of it.

Stormdancer

Post by Stormdancer »

Yea, I'm finally on file 2/2 50% way through on the updater.... not sure what's going to happen next...

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

After that there is a much longer download lol