Ventrilo

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Symara

Ventrilo

Post by Symara »

I was wondering if you guys have a ventrilo or other server, is so, what is the info? ^^

If you don't and would like one for your events/social, i have one you could use. :)

Andrecito

Re: Ventrilo

Post by Andrecito »

Most of the parties I'm in with the linkshell have nightly Skype sessions, usually hosted by Krazykozy. Regular attendees include myself, Lenneth, Aanalaty, Wyattearp, Theodoric, and then others on occasion. I find it very helpful to hear Theo say "damn, i'm paralyzed". I'm almost to the point where I have a macro dedicated just to /ma paralyna Theodoric. :-)

A couple months ago during gorging of Abyssea XP runs (and now Seal runs), the party leaders of the alliance would be on Skype for coordination. We kept a Google Doc spreadsheet up of who was in which party, their jobs, their roles (for my benefit, mostly, since I'm still learning what jobs can be what role [DD, Tank, Puller, Healer, etc]), and how long they had been in the party, or their AFK/leech status, and who was on the replacement queue.

Write up server-side (development) detailed API for LOCALIZATION.

Andrecito

Post by Andrecito »

Oh yeah, so ... just speak up if you want to be added to the skype conference during events or other parties or just to chat.

--A

Krazykozy

Post by Krazykozy »

For all of those individuals interested in making events easier to handle by using skype as a form of communication
simply add me (Krazy-Kozy *skype name*) or one of us impossible to guage people that use skype as our main form
of communication. (Which allows us to out perform others obviously! ;p) and also makes for a great time joking
around and making events and the game alot more fun. That being said we the uber skype people welcome all
those in Anduril that are interested to join. Those that don't, well can suffer and use lolvent. :D And yes wireless
mic's from that pathetic American company known as Microsoft... SUK ASS.... because I get yell'd at for not having
a corded mic.... :roll:

Hope to hear from your all soon.

Love, Peace & Chicken Grease!
Why so serious?

Chewzer

Post by Chewzer »

Krazykozy wrote:Those that don't, well can suffer and use lolvent.
Personally, I have no problems with Skype, it's a great telephony program; and that's exactly why I prefer Vent for gaming. While Skype has high quality, Ventrilo has lower-quality codecs and only transmits data when the user is actually talking, preventing it from being the bandwidth hog that Skype is with a huge conference call. Skype has no lobby system, so you must be invited to (or create) a conference to talk to multiple friends. With Vent, anybody with the server info can just hop on/off whenever they feel like it. Skype has no push-to-talk option, so it's a pain if users have background noise or background conversations. Also, the way Skype completely hijacks your sound settings when you load it is absolutely asinine.

To each his own, I guess. I should jump on the Skype sometime to check it out though. Maybe I could even talk some sense into KK about enfeeble formulas! :lol:

Symara

Post by Symara »

Hehe, well, the offer is there if you would like to use it, i'll just set up a channel, i use both, so i was curious to which one (if you did) you guys used.

As far as Vent vs Skype, Chew sums it up my pov very well, I use Vent for my Raiding Guild, and Fortress Raids in WoW and Aion, for SC2 and other games my friends and i play.

Once i get up in my levels i'll join you guys on Skype sometime. :)

Krazykozy

Post by Krazykozy »

Chewzer wrote: To each his own, I guess. I should jump on the Skype sometime to check it out though. Maybe I could even talk some sense into KK about enfeeble formulas! :lol:
Kinda funny how my post wasn't even directed at specific people... Yet you feel it's called for to attempt to provoke me with bullshit comments like that? Wow I guess you really must be jealous of something. Then again I guess it's just typical of those that can't truly understand they're job's/role's....
Why so serious?

Chewzer

Post by Chewzer »

Krazykozy wrote:
Chewzer wrote: To each his own, I guess. I should jump on the Skype sometime to check it out though. Maybe I could even talk some sense into KK about enfeeble formulas! :lol:
Kinda funny how my post wasn't even directed at specific people... Yet you feel it's called for to attempt to provoke me with bullshit comments like that? Wow I guess you really must be jealous of something. Then again I guess it's just typical of those that can't truly understand they're job's/role's....
It was a joke, retard. An obvious one at that. Rage some mooooooar.

Krazykozy

Post by Krazykozy »

Chewzer wrote:It was a joke, retard. An obvious one at that. Rage some mooooooar.
Rage? Ummm if you can actually read there wasn't any rage tone involved in my reply..... "IF" I was raging then I would be having typo's every other word. Since there isnt a typo in my reply nice try.... And calling me a retard is a piss poor attempt on goading me into a fight on here when this is supposed to be a simple post about vent/skype..... Keep it civil or leave..... Bottom line.
Why so serious?

Chewzer

Post by Chewzer »

You're silly.