FINAL FANTASY XIV REBOOT VERSION 2.0 UPDATE

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Zeropaul

FINAL FANTASY XIV REBOOT VERSION 2.0 UPDATE

Post by Zeropaul »

http://www.the-magicbox.com/1110/game111014f.shtml

check out link for pictures.

Square Enix announced Final Fantasy XIV Version 2.0 will arrive on PC in December 2011, a complete reboot of the game, with complete redesign of current repetitive maps, new graphics engine, new server systems with improved speed and performance, fully renewed user interface and expansion of the in-game community content. The PS3 version has been scheduled to release in Q3 2012.

Imo I looks greats and seems more like FFXI now.
Lets hope they changed alot of the horrid things that were wrong with the game.

RoamingAshido

Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV REBOOT VERSION 2.0 UPDATE

Post by RoamingAshido »

Shoulda just made ffxi v2.0 from it

lhova

Post by lhova »

The new version looks sick! If only they had it for Xbox 360, or maybe even PS3. I just hate playing on PC... :(

Phane

Post by Phane »

I never had a problem with FFXIV's graphics. I basically had a problem with every single thing OTHER than the graphics. I think the largest extent of the damage is already done. Ashido is right, they should have released a good game from the get go. FFXIII put the franchise on thin ice and FFXIV's launch destroyed the brand. I think it'd be smarter for SE to kill off FFXIV, try to let everyone forget it ever happened and reestablish the franchise with a bold XV. Then again, a lot of other stupid stuff japanese companies have
done leave me baffled.

Chewzer

Post by Chewzer »

I don't think anybody's had an issue with the graphics in FFXIV, except for the cut/paste maps. From what I assume and I've read, the graphical changes are because the current UI and engine simply doesn't perform well in a MMO environment.

I'm surprised that SE didn't have more foresight concerning the graphics. Heck, in FFXI some people with top-notch systems still struggle with lag issues from glows and particle effects.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

wtf the UI doesnt suck balls. This cant be SE. /sigh. it makes me want to reactivate my account now lol.

pinkie

Post by pinkie »

Does this mean we have to buy another copy of the game?? I have the first one sitting in my desk. I have to do a reinstall of it since my putter had to be reformated....

Andrecito

Post by Andrecito »

Nope. My collectors' edition is still in the shrink-wrap for FFXIV. Its content code will "just keep working."

pinkie

Post by pinkie »

I came over from beta testing for the game, but everything is still hooked up via SE account online.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

my entire collectors edition got thrown out during the course of some construction at my house :(. Was mad lol