Thank ^#@#^&!@# God (VW Loot Dev Feedback 2-1-12)

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Mahoro

Thank ^#@#^&!@# God (VW Loot Dev Feedback 2-1-12)

Post by Mahoro »

A much-needed step in the right direction. Color me cautiously optimistic.
Howdy!

I bring some news regarding the Voidwatch loot system, which I think you all will appreciate quite a bit.

The development team has been well aware of all of your frustrations when you friend hears you receive an item that they have been after for some time, but you are unable to pass it to them and have no choice but to toss it.

They have been looking into adjustments to the reward system extremely carefully to preserve the benefit of each person receiving a personal reward when participating, instead of having to lot against others. As a result, they are thinking about implementing the below type of system.

In the event that a rare/ex item drops to you when you already possess the item, it will be possible to exchange that item for a ticket (name pending)
Once you obtain a certain amount of these tickets, it will be possible to exchange them for a rare/ex item of your choice.
*There will be different types of tickets for different items and you will need to collect the respective ticket for the item you would like.
*The required number of tickets is still being looked into and there is a possibility of change, but currently we estimate it to be about 5~6.
Tickets will be tradable and sellable.

The development team feels that this will not destroy the meaning of having personal rewards, and though the drop rate balance will not be changed, even if you continue to have bad luck obtaining the item you wish, by collecting the tickets from your friends you will eventually be able to obtain the item.

Since there are a lot of rewards items, meaning a large amount of tickets to be created, we will start off by looking into implementing the hard to get items first. Please understand that it will take some time before this is all implemented.

Toren

Re: Thank ^#@#^&!@# God (VW Loot Dev Feedback 2-1-12)

Post by Toren »

Should be interesting
I'm going to let the liquor do the thinking.

Seraphym

Post by Seraphym »

Hmmm... well it is something. I look forward to the final details whenever they release them.

Deathbeckons

Post by Deathbeckons »

just means rmthoro will be taking all our tickets...

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

Not sure on that yet, have to know more details about the system and we can discuss it in shell when the time comes :lol:

Toren

Post by Toren »

Keep your dirty taru hands off my stuffz Mah!

Raksha

Post by Raksha »

Hey everyone.

I followed up with the development team to get an answer as to whether or not you need to already possess the rare/ex item to obtain a ticket. They said that you will in fact need to have the item in your possession and they are not planning to make it so you can give a ticket to someone else when you could obtain the actual item.

Also, to clarify the original post; each piece of gear will have their own ticket (and I've amended the original post for clarity). I've also seen questions about "will this apply to Heavy Metal Plates, too?" and the answer is no, this is currently planned for equipment pieces only.
I knew it was too good to be true.

Mahoro

Post by Mahoro »

HIlarious. He actually amended his original post too
In the event that a rare/ex item drops to you when you already possess the item, it will be possible to exchange that item for a ticket (name pending)
Once you obtain a certain amount of these tickets, it will be possible to exchange them for their respective rare/ex item. (*edited at 3PM 2/2/2012)
*There will be different types of tickets for different items and you will need to collect the respective ticket for the item you would like.
*The required number of tickets is still being looked into and there is a possibility of change, but currently we estimate it to be about 5~6.
Tickets will be tradable and sellable.
Essentially, it means you can only get a ticket to trade to your friends/LS members/random schmoes for gil if you already have the item. And the ticket can be only be used for THAT item, as opposed to his original post which implied you could "trade up" for an item of "your choice."

What this means is, from now when we do VW and you get an ultra-rare item people want, KEEP IT. Then when this update gets implemented, the NEXT time you get the item, you can get a ticket instead.

Deathbeckons

Post by Deathbeckons »

so basically were back at square one. those people saying they get 3, 4, 5 mekira bodies are more than likely exaggerating. this sure has hell isnt going to help coruscantis and ephemerons. hell this might add 1-2 more of an extremely popular item to a server once a month -_-;

Toren

Post by Toren »

That one edit completely changes the entire idea, imo its pretty f'in useless now.