Hey guys!~

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Meowza

Hey guys!~

Post by Meowza »

I got nostalgic about good old ffxi and was wandering around some forums looking for people I remember... I sold my account a long time ago but was thinking about playing again.... I was in Fallen Angels back in the day, and my best friend was Zikikki... Anyone remember me lol? How retarded is starting ffxi from scratch again? (I'd have to get my kraken club again... assuming its still good)

-Meowza (Tom)

Sahearniitth

Re: Hey guys!~

Post by Sahearniitth »

Hey Meowza. I remember you from back in the days of when NA were first levelling to 75 and remember Zikkiki from her shoes collecting days in RB where you were for a bit as well.

It is fairly easy to just level a single job to cap now especially if you have some help for LB's. With some luck 0-99 can be levelled in about a week for a brand new player. It can definatelly be done faster but there are some limiters like voidwatch stones and having to break for each limit break and so on. Provided you level (or have access to) one of the Dyna farming jobs its not hard to get the funds for basic gear in another week or two. Getting some of the better gear does involve grind or luck with voidwatch.

If you plan to regear or even play more than casually, I cannot stress the difference being able to 2box (unless you have a friend who will be playing with you all the time). A (fairly basicaly equipped) mage character along with a melee character will make a HUGE difference in what you are able to accomplish ingame as far as your own personal goals go as well as how fast you are able to accomplish them (since you wouldnt have to be dependant on when people can help you out).

Anyway hope things are going well. Let me know if you have any other questions. Alot of the present going-on's of the game can be gauged from BG forums and I think there are dedicated threads there for people who are looking to join the game (as far as what to take care of asap, first job suggestions and so on, guides for where to level and so on), but if you have any specific questions you can just post here and I am sure someone can help you out or offer an opinion.

Meowza

Post by Meowza »

Oh another question, does anyone play on xbox? I used to play on ps2 back in the day.... I really liked using the controller over a mouse, something that no other mmo has gotten right in my opinion (I played EQ2 for a few years after leaving ffxi). How terrible is the xbox version? I like the idea of sitting in my living room with my fiancee and playing as opposed to hiding in my office :)

Sahearniitth

Post by Sahearniitth »

Personally I would suggest playing on the PC because it provides for a much smoother experience. If you want to be able to play with a controller, you can just configure one for the PC. I do have the xbox version and while its ok for 2boxing (I play my secondary on it) it has serious framerate issues whenever you are dealing with large groups which can be frustrating if its your primary machine. In addition it does tend to crash at times which can be rough on your HDD. Even a very basic computer will run FFXI better than the xbox or ps3 so if you have a machine thats a couple years old that will be good enough probablly (or with a few minor upgrades to the ram and gpu).

In short you CAN play on a Xbox and it will suffice, but it may make a big difference in your opinion of the game being fun vs being tolerable due to performance issues.

Meowza

Post by Meowza »

Thanks for that, ps2 was pretty abysmal in any kind of raid setting... I remember Tiamat being almost impossible, i got like one frame per minute lol. I'm working on getting it running on my PC, by any random chance does anyone have contact info for jarriane? He had my old account at one point, I wonder if he still does...

Sahearniitth

Post by Sahearniitth »

Dont have Jarrianes contact and from the looks of FFXIAH, he hasnt been active for years now. If you happen to have your origial POL keys you might be able to call SE and get them to transfer the account to you.

bastila

Post by bastila »

Meowza...i remember he was bad! hah JK hey man welcome back. i just troll and piss off Sah because he loved me so.
ImageImage

Aanalaty

Post by Aanalaty »

You can also just get any gamepad for PC to play if the Xbox thing doesnt work out. I started back on PS2 also, but finally made the switch to PC and just got a gamepad. It plays the same, but you get something with actual ram so no laggyness. It may not be in your living room, but the PC experience is so much smoother and can use a gamepad design of your choosing.

Circan

Post by Circan »

Heya meowza. It has been a really long time since I saw your name. >.>;
FFXI fanatic.