Expansion Details (Geomancer etc)

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.

wyattearp

Re: Expansion Details (Geomancer etc)

Post by wyattearp »

Not sure if anyone cought it but, anyone notice at the end the expansion only lists the xbox 360 and windows? I think the PS2 limitations are coming to a end.

Sahearniitth

Post by Sahearniitth »

THe JP trailer listed PS2 as does the website. Either it was an oversight or PS2 disc support is JP only while other countries will probablly get it as a DD.

Churchill

Post by Churchill »

PS2 Disc is JP only
------

Rayna

Post by Rayna »

I think Geomancer sounds lame.

Give it axes, native dual wield, and it can keep the ability to buff others. Then just incorporate terrain somehow into the mix so it fits the job's lore or whatever and then I would approve.

Else, no thanks. Enough mage hybrids that don't get anything new.

Oka Nieba

Post by Oka Nieba »

Rune Fencer was announced as the second job, but I don't know much about what it'll actually do (may be a new tank apparently).

However...

Why can't all Elvaan F look like this and not like dhalmels? :<

Seraphym

Post by Seraphym »

!@#$%

And I thought I was pretty much done with this game. Now they have to release a new expansion with Geomancer? Evil bastards, god.

...guess I'll have to go skill up club, because looks like that's what that job uses.

Sahearniitth

Post by Sahearniitth »

Geomancer is more of a buff job though. I think the tank aspect that people were wanting in Geomancer is actually going to Rune Lancer.

As for Club, I am not sure if its a club or a brand new weapon (bell) since they said that the Geomancer stuff would depend on geomancery/bells. It could be that bells are just an instrument that is invisible other than during cast ala harp/flute and they do actually use clubs for melee. Last time SE added new weapons was way back in RoZ with NIN/SAM I think.

Seraphym

Post by Seraphym »

Based on the thread on ffxiah that has more details, yea, it seems Geomancer will be much like a Bard. Buff and debuff, but some interesting quirks about how they can do that. Pretty sure the bell is an instrument and not a weapon.

Also, I'm amused that the Geomancer AF has pants for males and short shorts for females. Not like you needed more proof that SE is a bunch of perverts, but there it is.

Here's that thread, in case anyone is curious, http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31512 ... -the-facts
The developers made a point to say there are no scheduled changes yet for Dark Knights, but that they won't be forgotten
OK... that sorta contradicts the timeline of changes they put up recently that showed some planned updates for DRK, but whatever.