Hey there

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Narru

Hey there

Post by Narru »

Hey, its Narru from like a few years ago... I dunno if some of you remember me or not, but I pretty much just randomly quit one day. I was going to therapy for many reasons, and I was told to quit online games lol. I know now what I am, and I have a majority of my life straightened out. Quitting was probably the hardest thing, and thats why during that period in time I didn't say bye to anyone..

Skipping to the reason why I just appeared out of nowhere:
(Hopefully my character isn't diseased)

I was wonder what the game is like now. Is the economy good? I know a lot of RMT were everywhere causing the prices of HQ elemental staves to be like 1-3M each.

What about leveling? I know they added some kind of thing that lets you level with lower level people...

I was going to come back and play a while, maybe stay if I like it enough. I need something to do while I wait for Aion: The Tower of Eternity to be released in the US.

---

:P And how are you guys? I'm surprised to see a lot of the majority of members still playing after so many years.

- Narru
(75 RDM/BLM/SMN)

Tinchi

Re: Hey there

Post by Tinchi »

lol don't feel bad Narru. I went through some rough spots myself before I decided to take a leave of absense. None of the SH wanted to give me any free therapy unfortunately... :cry:

Circan

Re: Hey there

Post by Circan »

Little has changed in the economy other than the overall amount of gil in the system being far less. This means that everything costs less for the most part, but there's still no doubt highly desired things are still expensive.

Leveling is a easier now: below level 75 the new level sync functionality lets you set the party level to match any of the 6 members in it. So you can have level 75s party with level 20s at level 20, or more likely level 40s party at level 20. It is pretty cool at keeping parties together, making more parties possible, and leveling on the most "ideal" monsters for the level. Pet jobs are easier to level with the increased exp given from easy prey and decent challenge monsters. And finally, there are more exp places available, so the overcrowding situations from the past can be avoided.
FFXI fanatic.