FFXIV

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Aminah

FFXIV

Post by Aminah »

First of all If you havent seen the Trailer in HD please follow the link and read all the information.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

There are only 3 actual in game pics but .... Damn. In the artwork pic you can see several of the Current af sets we have currently and all of the races seem to be in the game also.... Lastly Look who is back doing the music again Square is waking up ..... and it only took them 7 years. All is right with the world :P

Circan

Re: FFXIV

Post by Circan »

The game looks absolutely amazing...too bad some of the gear looks a little too familiar...

And.. 2010? /whine. So far away.
FFXI fanatic.

Sahearniitth

Post by Sahearniitth »

Its been confirmed for PC as many were saying last night against voices of dissent. Couldnt care less if it doesnt come out on Xbox (although I am pretty sure it will) since playing even FFXI on a console makes me want to kill myself.

Phedra

Post by Phedra »

I'm sorry, but WTF are they making a new game that looks just like ffxi when they haven't even finished their stupid WotG expansion for FFXI? And i sure as hell don't want to start all over. What is the point of this game? If they aren't adding races, then anything else could essentially just get added to xi right? /frustrated :headdesk:

Verence

Post by Verence »

Not exactly Phed, they've stated that since the limitations of FFXI get brought up so much when discussing what to add/do, they figured instead of trying to work around them they could just start from the ground up.

http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69 ... rence.html

Tinchi

Post by Tinchi »

dunno... I sorta agree w/ Phedra.
Do Not Want - unless chars are transferrable and monthly costs are the same. heh

Aminah

Post by Aminah »

Its already been announced there will be NO character transfers which in my opinion is a very Good thing id love to start a whole new chapter even though id be a pld again seeing as ones definitly in the mural (Woot) Game looks amazing.

Circan

Post by Circan »

Phedra wrote:I'm sorry, but WTF are they making a new game that looks just like ffxi when they haven't even finished their stupid WotG expansion for FFXI? And i sure as hell don't want to start all over. What is the point of this game? If they aren't adding races, then anything else could essentially just get added to xi right? /frustrated :headdesk:
FFXI's current problems extend beyond content SE might add. It’s the graphics, the entirely too easy "boss" battles, the lack of new players, the crafting system built upon value-less items and only profitable for +1 or better results. It’s content which has been static for half a decade. What hasn't been figured out and killed with some low-number group (less important for old players, but extremely important for any new player)? It's the number of people left in the game who are hard-core and interested only in gear - too many. The total number of people left in the game - too few.

Sure, SE could patch and fix each and every one of the game's problems. But, SE sees the writing on the wall. Why do you think that everything has been getting even easier every update? SE is working hard to make the game’s ventures more and more easy accomplished to fulfill the mentality - “you all get a ribbon,” - so people stop leaving the game. SE's putting their effort into FFXIV rather than into life-support.

You asked what the point of FFXIV will be. It’ll be there to give everyone who loved FFXI from the beginning to where its journey ended something to begin again – but without it being the exact same thing. And sure, it’ll only be interesting for another 500 days of playtime, but that’s fine with me.
FFXI fanatic.

Phane

Post by Phane »

I just wish they'd let their Chrono team take a break for long enough to make a new Chrono game. That's one of the excuses they've had for not making one, that they are tied up making content for FFXI. Now it looks like they're pushing them into making FFXVI... I suppose MMO's generate more revenue...

Circan

Post by Circan »

Probably better to develop for too. At least from an artistic side, you have more stories which you can work on available.
FFXI fanatic.