FFXIV

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Soral

Re: FFXIV

Post by Soral »

http://gamer.blorge.com/2009/06/04/fina ... nt-on-ps3/

As the link says, it will be free to play, and because SOE is involved, it might just stay on the PS3/PC no more, since SOE can't really work on other consoles outside of the PS brand, never know though.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

it doesn't say it WILL be free, and i doubt they will go that route.

Soral

Post by Soral »

It is not 100% thing yet, my wording in the post was off. But my point/their point still stand: SOE working on XBL? wut?

Circan

Post by Circan »

I'd be shocked if the game is free-to-play. The only games that do that have in-game advertising and suck even more ass (Anarchy Online) because of it or are a browser based MUCK. If SE/SOE do produce the game and say it's free to play, I guarantee that some useful portion of the game will require you to pay to play.

And yes, chances are FF14 won't come out for the 360 with the investment Sony and SE have in the PS3 and PC version's development. Honestly, I hope they don't divide their attention 3 ways again, that's simply too much to design and have all work well. I hope to god they are going to utilize multi-core/multi-GPU systems (crosses fingers) since the development on the PS3 would basically encourage that option.

Anyway, just keep in mind that FF13 was at one point a touted exclusive title as well. Just more proof that SE does what it wants.
FFXI fanatic.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

also keep in mind how long it took FFXI to come out on Xbox 360. 5 years about? more? I bet a similar situation for IV. I bet it comes out on Microsoft next platform after the new playstation and xbox come out lol.

Circan

Post by Circan »

Enneisevoli wrote:also keep in mind how long it took FFXI to come out on Xbox 360. 5 years about? more? I bet a similar situation for IV. I bet it comes out on Microsoft next platform after the new playstation and xbox come out lol.

That's a possibility too. Though, the more platforms a game is active on the trend seems to be for less creative development, and therefore a less enjoyable game. So, let's hope it just stays on PC and PS3.
FFXI fanatic.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

very true

Kametame

Post by Kametame »

The reason why it's not on the XBox360 is probably because of the very horrid terms and conditions that Microsoft has set for XBox Live development. Btw, the official site's been updated with a bunch of new screenshots, classes, and monster bios.

Some things to note:

- Some monsters do have genders (such as the antelopes).
- Some monster items have been announced for those that do have a description available.

- Disciples of War:
-- Archer
-- Lancer
-- Gladiator
-- Marauder
-- Pugilist

- Disciples of the Hand:
-- Alchemist
-- Blacksmith
-- Culinarian
-- Tanner
-- Weaver
RAWR :<

Code: Select all

Verethragna Progress:
Lv 80 : 2 /50 Chloris Buds    (  4% )
Lv 85 : 6 /50 Ulhudashi Fangs ( 12% )
Lv 90 : 21/75 Dragua Scales   ( 28% ) 

Khai

Post by Khai »

you guys have not been keeping up with anything close to new yet, like for one, did you know ps3 wont get the dull 1080p game? only 720p? and that the beta will be pc only for a few months, AND their will be releases for the 360 sometime after? also about the game support 64bit cpu and not only 32bit? and how they chose directx 9 for it? and still looking at 10 and 11 for now, but its dirextx 9 for now? you guys far behind on news.. lol

Circan

Post by Circan »

Khai wrote:you guys have not been keeping up with anything close to new yet, like for one, did you know ps3 wont get the dull 1080p game? only 720p? and that the beta will be pc only for a few months, AND their will be releases for the 360 sometime after? also about the game support 64bit cpu and not only 32bit? and how they chose directx 9 for it? and still looking at 10 and 11 for now, but its dirextx 9 for now? you guys far behind on news.. lol
Do you have any citations? Since this is the internet, fact checking is pretty important.

Anyway, none of that is shocking. AND none of it matters. The game will be what it will be.
FFXI fanatic.