Anybod with iPhone and Gmail

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Enneisevoli

Anybod with iPhone and Gmail

Post by Enneisevoli »

for anybody that has iphone and gmail, apple approved the application finally for gPUsh. It pushes e-mailes from your gmail account to your phone within 15 seconds of receiving the e-mail without having fetch turned on. Its pretty amazing. It wasn't working during first few days of release, but its working pretty well now and their fixing mroe and more bugs each day. it should be solid in the next week or so. I would check it out!

Its called GPush by Tiverias Apps

http://www.tiveriasapps.com/ourapps.php

thats their website, or you can search GPush in the app store. I'm really excited to finally have this since i talk to alot of my friends in japan over e-mail exclusily. Cause their phones have e-mail adress's instead of texting the phone number. And its free, which texting japan wouldn't be lol.

Circan

Re: Anybod with iPhone and Gmail

Post by Circan »

I don't usually hate a piece of technology, cause I love technology.. But, fuck the iPhone (really, it's just Apple's and AT&T's business practices which piss me off, the phone is great). That is all. -_-
FFXI fanatic.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

yeah the phone itself is amazing

Chewzer

Post by Chewzer »

AT&T service is virtually non-existent where I live.

I has iPhone jealousy. :evil:

Phane

Post by Phane »

I'm getting an iPhone 3G S in 3 weeks (when I'm eligible due to my current AT&T contract. I plan on Jailbreaking it, eventually, to try to bypass some of the business crap between AT&T and Apple. I have a friend that's had one for a long time and I thought he said it's always forwarded his Gmail to his iPhone, but I could be mistaken.

Soral

Post by Soral »

AT&T service is virtually non-existent where I live.

I has iPhone jealousy. :evil:
Buy one unlocked, or unlock one by yourself, it is pretty easy. If there is t-mobile service around you, iphone will work on it just fine.

Also phane, yeah my ex had her gmail messages forwarded to her iphone just fine too.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

gmail on iphone isn't the issue. Its push notification. Until this application you had to manually go to your e-mail and refresh it to check for new messages, or turn on fetch, which will check your e-mail for you every 15-30-60 minutes. This is bad for 2 reasons. 1 it wastes your battery faster. 2 sometimes you don't want to wait up to 15-60 minutes for your e-mail. Push notification with this app allows gmail messages to be pushed to your phone with no extra battery loss within 15 seconds of the message being received to your gmail account.

Krazykozy

Post by Krazykozy »

no i gotz me a Blackberry Storm w. Bell Can.
Why so serious?