Can Anybody Help (comptuer problem)

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
Enneisevoli

Re: Can Anybody Help (comptuer problem)

Post by Enneisevoli »

/sigh..i guess my screen shot didnt capture the problem at all >,<. Must be graphics card or monitor then i guess..although i guess that was kind of the main 2 choices from the beginning anyway lol. Anyway, still if anybody can think from description what it could be please help, or link me to some good trouble shooting forums. i'm going to try and take some pictures and movies of the problem for trouble shooting.

Sahearniitth

Post by Sahearniitth »

Did you connect it to a TV set? Sounds like its forcing the resolution lower.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

nope, was just sitting there typing on it connected to the computer and it went all green tinted. and the cable is secure to both the monitor and the computer too.

Enneisevoli

Post by Enneisevoli »

its like hard for me to even test what the problem is also because it only happens when i have my resolution really high (like 2560X1600 or something like that) and i have no other monitors that can handle that. So i don't know if the high resolution is causing the problem with the monitor or the graphics card...so freaking annoying >,<. I hate computers

Circan

Post by Circan »

If you are using a monitor that you can detach the cable from, I'd switch out the cable with a known good cable (or a new one). Having a single hue become dominate on a monitor generally indicates a connection issue.

When you use high resolutions, you actually use more of the pins in a DVI cable (hence the term "24-pin Dual-DVI" connector). So, if one of those pin's is damaged, or the cable it's attached to is damaged (i.e. causing an internal short) it is likely the source of your problem.

The other option is to examine your video card, check to see if the solder points for the DVI/HDMI pins are not loose. If they are loose, you can probably fix it yourself with just a little more solder. If you do not have the same errors on a lower resolution output, it's somewhat unlikely it's the video card, since they usually have the same problems regardless of the resolution.
FFXI fanatic.