POL Error

General Discussion for Members and Non-members.
annika

POL Error

Post by annika »

I tried to log on today and it said I need to reactivate my POL ID's. I guess there was something wrong with billing. I try to fix it by just re-entering my card info and it says I need to get a securecode, and so I went to the visa website and it says my CC is ineligible to receive a securecode. I tried to use the MasterCard CC I have, and the MasterCard website doesn't have Chase bank listed as an option to choose from, it was formerly WaMu, so I choose Washington Mutual, and of course, that link is dead since it's no longer Washington Mutual. I wanted to cut this online BS so I call POL directly, and they say I have to do it online. so I'm SOL because I can't get a securecode. Can you believe it?

I am so lost, and I bid on like 4 items for Dynamis this afternoon, the only run I live for in Dynamis is this, and I am so Friggin P.O'd right now. Grrrr. Another thing, if it was my card, why did it let me log in yesterday, seeing as it was the 1st of the month.

Anyway, any advice would be much obliged.

/end of rant
-Annika

Enneisevoli

Re: POL Error

Post by Enneisevoli »

theres really nothing you can do. i had the same problem and they said i had to get a new credit card that supported the secure code (such as verify by visa). It is the most retarded policy iv ever heard of. If you call them up and bitch and moan enough, they MIGHT enter your CC info in manually allowing you to bypass the code, but i doubt it. but its your only shot. other than that, you have to get a new credit card just to pay for POL. its retarded.

Ashido

Post by Ashido »

Verify CC Security Feature ( 3d) like i did last month /sigh

annika

Post by annika »

Well I am in no particular rush to fix this issue, so I'll seeya guys if I ever decide to come around again, which I'm sure will happen once Reg asks me enough times. I will miss the friends I had and the few things I enjoyed doing in this game. Seeya guys!

Regalis

Post by Regalis »

lol. We'll see you soon then. ;p Have fun on your break.
Image Maat's Cap:
WHM | DRK | THF | BLM | BRD | WAR | SAM | DRG | MNK | PLD | RDM

Soral

Post by Soral »

Try a $20 Wal-mart visa card? They sell ones as if they were regular CC if I remember right.

Regalis

Post by Regalis »

Well, gift cards won't work. Visa Prepaid Debit Cards used to. I don't know if that's what you meant. But either way, I don't think Prepaid Cards will work anymore. Not with this Digital Security BS they are making us go through. Idk tho.

Also, everyone else should beware of SE and their fucking shady billing practices. I just fucking got double charged when I didn't play at all in July. Which resulted in an overdraft. I'm still steamed about it. Fucking ridiculous.
Image Maat's Cap:
WHM | DRK | THF | BLM | BRD | WAR | SAM | DRG | MNK | PLD | RDM