Mysql error

If you encounter errors on the website, please post them in here.
Circan

Mysql error

Post by Circan »

There seems to be a website error in which the information in the attachment causes a nysql general error. Attempting to post the error report itself also seems to recreate the error as well.
Anyway, error report is in the attached .txt file.
Attachments
error.rar
(2.07 KiB) Downloaded 676 times
FFXI fanatic.

Sahearniitth

Re: Mysql error

Post by Sahearniitth »

Didnt liookj through it completelly but I know certain non standard characters (which arnt accessible directlly from a keyboard but accessible on standard character set maps) cause the sql to give errors. We had issues with it when we first migrated and it still comes up in copy and paste from other sites. I think the french accents in particular in the text is probablly what is causing the crash. Been too lazy to see if there is a fix for it. I know certain symbols from BG datamine posts also caused problems (namelly the brackets they used for elemental resistances)

Khai

Post by Khai »

This error is mostly like due to migration over to the newer phpbb3 already have a fix ready for it, just need to put it in, it seems like the error comes from recreate columns in mysql which has a different schema in .0.5 if that doesnt working, can try the one from bg but highly doubtful.

Circan

Post by Circan »

Is there risk of someone taking advantage of this error for a malicious purpose?
FFXI fanatic.

Khai

Post by Khai »

nope not to my knowledge but i could be wrong, this error happened because column schema from 0.4 is different in a way from 0.5 cant really inject anything of some sort seeing how its just 1 schema.